Here's what I used:
- 1 bag of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 bag of frozen peas (not defrosted)
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1 container of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag of shredded carrots
- 2 orange peppers, diced
- 2 containers of grape tomatoes, halved
Here are some other things you can use, I just didn't have them on hand - red peppers, green lettuce, diced yellow squash, avocado, mandarin oranges, or even any color beans, as long as they are rinsed and drained.
Layer the vegetables in a big trifle bowl. Or you can use a plain glass bowl, it will be just as pretty. In fact, it's so pretty that you just might eat it by accident. Don't do that. It's not nearly as impressive when there's a whole section missing.
Pour your favorite salad dressing over the top, allowing it to flow down the (in)sides of the bowl. Chill and serve. Oh, and this is a total make ahead. I made this Friday morning for the next day's lunch.