So the nicest thing happened this morning. A fellow mommy blogger, Phyllis, of All Things Beautiful, whom I had never met before now, awarded me A Stylish Blogger Award. So fun!
I now know that Phyllis has a wonderful site where she blogs about homeschooling her five (well four, one just graduated) kids. All Things Beautiful is full of amazing ways to teach to each child as each one learns differently. All Things Beautiful is a must-visit for anyone looking for activities for their kids that sneak in some of that educational stuff too.
I learned that there are four steps in accepting the Stylish Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person and blog who sent it to you.
2. Share seven things about yourself that others probably don't know. 3. Pass the award on to other blogs that you enjoy.
4. Leave those blogs a comment so that they know you have awarded them the Stylish Blogger Award.
So Phyllis, thank you! Thank you! This is so much fun!
Here are my seven-things-about-me-you-probably-don't know:
1. I am deathly afraid of pigeons. The fact that one once flew into the side of my car while I was driving did not help.
2. Speaking of driving, when I first learned to drive, I was terrified to make left turns and cut across traffic, so I would just make a bunch of rights so I could get where I needed to go. I was usually late.
3. I secretly harbor a dream of taking karate classes and getting a black belt.
4. Since I was little, I always wanted to paint a room in my house purple. So we bought our house. And the dining room is now purple.
5. We have four kids under five and a half. Date night? Forget it. The last time Josh and I left the house together was to have a baby. And it was for the same reason the three times we left the house together, alone, before that too.
6. I am very shy and really very introverted. I work very hard at pretending I am neither.
7. I am really blond. (Okay, that last one isn't true, but the rest are. Coming up with seven things that no one knows about you is really hard...)
I am now going to pay it forward and award the Stylish Blogger Award to the following blogs that thoroughly make my day as a stay-at-home mommy more interesting, a lot more creative and much much tastier.
Creative Jewish Mom,
She wears Flowers,
and to the mother of all blogs, a blog after my own heart -
Mod Podge Rocks.
Are you a Mom?
Of course you are,
your shirt is dirty :)